Monday, January 21, 2008

An Idea

I have discovered that blogging can be an invaluable way to create communities and to make connections regardless of distance and location. Today inspiration struck that perhaps one can be created for young adults with high functioning autism, like my brother Nate. Maybe this blog, and others like it, can become a tool to help create friendships, daily living and job support, and ultimately lead to a fulfilling degree of independence and accomplishment.

I firmly believe you are out there, isolated in Mom and Dad's house. You are out there, all over the country. Perhaps you have had a lifetime of isolation and you have been painfully aware of every minute of it. You want friendships and relationships. But it has not happened. It should not be this way. This can change.

I hope for my Mom to write and share her experiences. I hope for Nate to write and share his experiences. I hope for you to comment on our entries. With each comment we receive, we will post it in a new entry and create a forum of communication.

No comments: